CYBERSECURITY VS INFORMATION SECURITY VS NETWORK SECURITY
Today we are living in the digital age, where many businesses depend on technology. With more advancement and dependency of the technology there is a constant need of enhancement in the security systems. Regular news about the high profile cyber attacks leave no doubt that security of confidential data is a must in this digital age.
It is necessary to invest in the security systems to prevent data breaches. But before investing it is necessary to understand the different terms of the security system. These terms are Cyber Security, Information Security & Network Security. All of them have a specific role in the security infrastructure.
Cyber Security is basically a measure to prevent different types of cyber attacks and malicious attacks. It is the advanced system of protecting the organizations’ network, system & data from unauthorized access, attack or damage of the sensitive information. In other words, cyber security deals with the protection of data residing in the devices and servers from any kind of cyber attack.
When an attacker aims at your organization, he doesn’t only research about the organization but he also targets the employees of the organization. So it is very important to provide information and training regarding the cyber security attacks to the employees working in any organization.
Phishing, Pre-texting & Baiting are the types of cyber security attacks.
Information security, also known as InfoSec, refers to the tools and system designed to protect the data from any type of unauthorized access, modification, disruption or damage through the cyber attacks.
The key difference between cyber security & information security is that the cyber security protects the in the digital form while the information security is basically designed to protect the data kept in any form.
Information Security works on the 3 principles commonly known as CIA Triad — Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality measures aims at protecting the organizations’ sensitive and private information and data from unauthorized access. It ensures that the data is only accessed by the person who owns it.
- Integrity: Integrity principle ensures that the data is consistent and it is not modified or changed by third parties either accidentally or maliciously.
- Availability: The main purpose of the availability principle is to make sure that the technology infrastructure is available to the professionals when it is needed for the organizational purposes.
Every organization whether it is small or big, needs some specific measures of network security system for the protection of their sensitive and confidential data from the ever-growing cyber threats in today’s digitally growing world.
There are many layers which are open to cyber threat. Cyber attack can happen at any layer. So network security system is designed to protect hardware, software & policies at each and every layer of the system.
It consists of 3 different controls, namely, Physical, Technical & Administrative.
- Physical Network Security: Physical network security system is specially designed to protect the network components such as routers, cabling, etc., from unauthorized physical access. The access to these components is protected through biometric authentication and other devices.
- Technical Network Security: Technical network security protects the data stored in devices from unauthorized access, disruption, destruction, and other malicious activities.
- Administrative Network Security: Administrative network security ensures the security of company policies and processes that control the user behavior.
For more information visit- How To Avoid Cyber Attacks When Working From Home Or Remotely? All You Need To Know